Wednesday, June 6, 2018

The turning point of a serious situation !!!



Hey all,

We meet again !!!

School days will be the most gratifying period for all. Once we are out of the school, undoubtedly we becomes occupied. And the main problem is that, the cousins now may not have accompanying holidays. Time flies and lot gets scattered. Someday being somewhere, people cherishes the good days and names the heavy situation as 'busy'. This is what happens for everyone. Hence, let the present be happily used !!!

Today, I will share something which  gives you an opportunity to make sport of myself. Yeah, you can call it 'self-teasing' or something like that !!!

It was just two and a half years back. One of my friend at college was diseased and she had to come home because hostel environment didn't support her health. Though she couldn't travel alone, me and another friend of mine along with one of our senior accompanied her to home all the way from Thiruvananthapuram to Nileswaram. Despite being overdue, the Malabar express reached us safe and we dropped her home. The traditional 'puttu and kadala' served by her mom that morning was super tasty and we kept on glorifying it until our final days of college. Anyways, we were supposed to depart back to hostel the same evening and thus they booked a three tier AC compartment for us in the Maveli express.

That was not the first time I was travelling in Maveli express but was the first time in an AC compartment. Well, both of us were. Only two tickets were available. So the senior chose the general compartment and thus we were in the AC compartment of Maveli express for the first time. We were actually worried initially without knowing the customs in an AC compartment but we cared not to show it in our appearance. Our seating was near to the door. We sat near to the windows facing to one another and was comparing about the royal AC journey with that of the submissive sleeper journeys.

Our neighboring seats were taken by a family consisting of  a couple and their kid and another middle aged man. The middle aged man kept on speaking about his daughter who was a medical student (she might have become a doctor right now) and about his other kids too. The lady of the couple was a doctor too and they discussed all those doctor related stuffs which both of us listened erstwhile but later being uninterested, we 'earphoned' our ears muting them.

I don't remember the exact station but was somewhere near to Kannur I guess, my friend was all prepared to eat an orange. She peeled it off and was taking one piece to her mouth. Suddenly a man in a long kurta (the one which we call 'jubbah') and trousers got into our compartment, straightly his way from the door, came towards her and stretched out his hand to her asking the orange;

"Please hand over the orange. Just give it to me. Yeah, that piece, you are holding on, please please, give it to me "

!!!

The earphones were dropped from our ears and he was continuing the dialogues. It was not a request but seemed like an order. At a while we were all in our thoughts of imagining the stranger as someone from any investigation department or etc. All of us were shocked and silent. Why this man is asking an orange which a girl was about to eat???

My friend was just sitting with her mouth open and the orange above her lips but not inside her mouth and she moved her eye towards me giving  a 'what is happening' question. I was sitting in the same situation and then she gave her orange piece to the man in frighten. He grabbed it and ate it once and said;

"Wah, such a taste!!! It is really sweet. Thank you" and moved on to the next compartment.


We looked each other. What was it??? Who was he??? Was he a thief??? Or someone mad???

The other passengers asked us whether we know him or not. But sincerely he was a terrifying stranger. His looks never said he was a beggar to ask something to eat. Then why did he do so??? We discussed about the strange happening for some time and assuring he went to the next compartment we stopped our useless discussion and went back to our doings. Later, I thought a lot about 'why did all of us kept numb at that point of time'. I still don't know !

At once the train reached Kozhikode station, the same stranger was arrested by the policemen for misbehaving to a lady in another compartment. We were really sacred by then. It was some past 9:00 at night. After long talking about the incident, I went back to the earphones but the middle aged man in our compartment was still discussing about the stranger. He went to the next seats and finally confirmed about the whole happening and came back to his seat and told to the couple ;

"He was in liquor". All were listening to him.

The ridiculous part then happened was, what the 'the earphoned me' heard the middle aged man saying was; "he was in nikkar". Well according to me the so called 'nikkar' is something short worn in the lower part of the body which nearly resembled to an underwear but longer than it. I was like WHAT????  He was in a 'jubbah' and trousers not in a nikkar. And these people didn't notice it at all??? I took of my earphones and screamed loudly;

"No no, he was not in 'nikkar'. He was in a 'jubbah'". 

Everyone went silent suddenly, looked at each other and burst out laughing. I was puzzled. Why these people are laughing in such a serious situation and why did this man speaks something so irrelevant now? About the stranger's dress !!!

My friend kicked me hard in my leg and signed me to keep silence. But I was never going to give up. I was still saying. "Yeah, I am sure. He was not in a nikkar". And then the laughing middle aged man said;

"My dear child, I was not speaking about nikkar but 'LIQUOR', alcohol alcohol. The man was drunk". The 'non-earphoned me' heard it clearly this time.

Ooooooopssss !!!

Oh my god, that was the real oops !!!!! I was completely soaked in embarrassment. The couple was still laughing. My friend gave me a 'oh, pity' look. With a sorry I went back to the earphones but the song was not playing this time and sat silent hearing rest of the discussion.

See, this is what happens when you use earphones in serious situations. My dear friends, avoid it. Take my advice for granted. Trust me, or you are going to be sported !!!




Once we reached the hostel back, the first thing my friend had done was broadcasting my stupidity. She used to broadcast it till the end days of our college. What a loyalty !!!

Keeping aside the funny part, such strange happenings in the journey may never end peacefully all time. The safety and care during long distance journeys should be considered at most. At times, the lost may never be retained back !!!

See you soon !!!





-infinite love-




















4 comments:

  1. Trust me... i was literally laughing!!!.. I was like picturing the incident in my head.. 😅 and amazing work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woaah! Moideen uncle and fellow train mates story😅 I didn't expected this one as your new writing. Actually this was something that I should talk about😂# your nikkar story😅😅

    ReplyDelete